The Air Transport Settlement System provides for a unique technology that allows to organize the payment and settlement for transportation sale with the use of payment (bank) card, which has been actively used since 1999.
That technology provides 5 benefits in comparison to IATA BSP and ARC:
1. TCH itself arranges the payment for carriers' transportations in accredited agency network (including IPOSs) by payment (bank) cards. TCH provides all necessary payment tools, ensures and controls the compliance with the rules for cards acceptance in the accredited agency network.
2. TCH ensures settlement between the Airline and payment systems for the sales by payment (bank) cards in the accredited agency network. The Airline does not sign any additional agreement with payment systems because settlement will be made via TCH's account under the TCH-Airline Agreement.
3. TCH guarantees a 100% remittance of revenue to the Airline for sales paid by payment (bank) cards irrespective of any complaints filed by card holders, including the claims arising out of fraud in the Internet. TCH itself handles all cardholders' complaints.
4. TCH organizes refunds by payment (bank) cards in case when passengers make cancelations.
5. No guarantee deposit is requited from the Airline to arrange sales by payment (bank) cards.
When making payments under that technology, a special code of the form of payment (FOP) "PK" will appear on ATSS STD(s).
That FOP may be used both in ARS Sirena-Travel, an accredited reservation system, and in foreign GDSs attested with the ATSS - Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo.
The monetary funds from sales by payment (bank) cards shall be remitted to the Airline within the same timeframes as for sales by cash.
Today TCH supports settlement by payment (bank) cards of the following payment systems: